I’ve challenged myself to find adventure everyday by setting up this blog and now I’m kickstarting that with another challenge – #30DaysWild.
I’ll be taking part in the Wildlife Trusts’ 30 Days Wild challenge. That means I’m promising to do at least one Random Act of Wildness each and every day throughout June.
It’s the first big step on my journey to living a little wilder and embracing every day adventures. Exploring, discovering, adventuring and learning. It’s scientifically proven that nature is good for us, it boosts concentration levels, cognitive development and mental and physical well being. We feel calmer, happier and heal quicker when in touch with our natural surroundings. It has the power to reset us to default. Nature is an antithesis to so much of the negatives of modern life. So this is the perfect opportunity to embrace the wild and the magic it provides us.
My challenges will be documented daily over on my Instagram feed, so if you’re keen to see how I get on, make sure you follow me!
I sat down in my garden this morning (see, I’m already connecting with nature!) and jotted down some ideas. I’m easing myself in gently so these ideas are ones that shouldn’t be too hard to fit into my daily life. I might do these things, I might come up with other things to do, only time will tell!
- Make a bird bath
- Upcycle old wine bottles into bird feeders
- Plant those Basil seeds I’ve had in the kitchen for weeks…
- Two minute beach clean – I’m lucky enough to live less than 2 miles from the sea and keeping our oceans clean is SO important!
- Go camping
- Climb a big hill – Okay, maybe not easy but very fun!
- Eat lunch outdoors – I’m aiming to do this every day it’s sunny (yes, I’m a fair weather luncher)
- Feed the birds
- Build a bug hotel
- Go foraging for wild garlic (I can smell it on my way to work every day) and make wild garlic butter.
- Nap in nature – An excuse to nap? Oh go on then!
- Watch the clouds float by
- Go stargazing
- Scatter seed bombs
- Go plastic free for a day, or more…
So here goes… I’ll be having wild adventures everyday this June, what could be better?